AR April recap
We may have been silent for April with unrelated to work obstacles but we are back on track. Here is a summary of some noteworthy things we came across this month in inverse chronological order.
- A TechWatch report on Augmented Reality for Smartphones is now available: Augmented Reality for Smartphones [PDF Link] . The report was commissioned by JISC Observatory and written by Ben Butchart from EDINA, based at the University of Edinburgh.
- Layar’s Raimo van der Klein gives a talk on computer vision – The Birth of The Digital Eye
- Fraunhofer IPMS announced some nifty HMD related toys, a prototype of the world’s first bidirectional, eye-tracking OLED microdisplay Endgadget: Eye-tracking microdisplay delivers Terminator vision, distracts joggers
- Vuzix goes hand in hand with Metaio and DARPA, making us hope for some real advancement in display tech in immersive systems. – Vuzix and metaio Partner to Deliver Augmented Reality Solutions to Customers – Vuzix Awarded DARPA Development Contract for Next Generation Display Technology
- Tish Shute writes about ARE2011 on the way!
- Etsuji’s CV & AR Mindmap – The link is here
- Games Alfresco has a listing of AR Games you must play!